Monday, December 28, 2015

The Play's the Thing

I haven't posted in a while - I'm now up to treatment 21, having skipped Wednesday last week.

Last week was crazy and amazing. I was in the play Raquela, performed by Women in Theater. My role wasn't particularly big, but being a part of something so big and wonderful was amazing!!!

I was in the theater all afternoon until 11:30 Wednesday and Thursday, running on insane adrenaline. I went to the chamber on Thursday, which was tiring, but necessary - Yair, the nurse who seems to be overall in charge of... well.. everything, would only authorize a Wednesday off, not a Thursday, because I'd then be out of the chamber three days in a row.

Sunday, my husband and his oldest son flew down to Eilat, which means I'm parenting solo this week - another tiring thing. The overall fatigue is pretty awful, and my pain is still no better, so it's hard to say anything's changed, but I'm only 1/3 of the way through. Today was the first day I've felt a little hopeless, but I know I have to keep on keeping on.

I am looking forward to Friday.


1 comment:

  1. I remember reading Raquela and loving it. As you say, still 2/3 of the way to go so no conclusions yet. xxx

    ReplyDelete