Monday, June 20, 2016

Not Quite the End

It's been over three months since I finished treatment and I can say with certainty that I am not cured. My pain is still intolerable without pain medication.

I'm still more tired than I should be, and I still tire out easily.

On the other hand, my thinking is clearer, my ability to organize has started to improve just recently, and I've had medical massages and started a Pilates class once a week, and the muscles which I've been holding tight for years -yes literally years - are finally being allowed to loosen up. As this happens, I'm discovering that some of my symptoms are more the residue of fifteen years of sickness than a continuation of that sickness.

Moreover, my understanding from Dr Efrati is that part of the healing process is long, sustained sleep. My almost two year old is not on board with that plan.

So the truth is that I've gotten better - I am continuing to get better- but I don't feel like hyperbaric was a huge miracle for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment